Sunday, August 17, 2014

Meijer Gardens ~ 8/17/14

It was a perfect, lazy morning to take a walk after a busy weekend and we decided to take it at Meijer Gardens. Roy had only been there a few times so I was the tour guide. Being a member and an ex-volunteer, I know the place like the back of my hand ~ probably better :-)
The Boardwalk is my favorite place to start and we saw egrets, mallards, and swans.
We thought this perching bird in the distance was a juvenile Green Heron but my Michigan Birdwatching group insists it is a Great Blue Heron, and I bow to their expertise.
When we spotted this fast-moving caterpillar, nearby visitors moved in for a closer look.
David Nash is exhibiting indoors and outdoors and here are his things that we found. And if you haven't seen them, you're out of luck because today was the last day. First, indoors:
Then, as we came across his sculptures in other places:
Some awesome creations in the children's garden:
Our walk around the perimeter brought us to many standard bearers, most photographed many times before, but here are a few highlights ~ the Neuron and "resting men" :-)

The horse, always the horse, and the beast.
The waterfall is always a draw, for koi and photographers:
It's my go-to place when I need serenity ~ in the off-season :-) Today was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment